Tuesday, December 8, 2015

"ME" Project


First of all, heredity affects me in the ways of athleticism and math I believe. Whenever it comes to doing anything with mathematics it has always come fairly easily to me if I just have someone explain the concepts to me I will catch on very quickly. Since my father is good with accounting and mother is a math teacher I think that has to be a reason that it is one of my strong suites because all three of her children were advanced in the subject. Also since both of them acquired degrees at 4 year colleges it makes sense that all three kids plan to follow in those same footsteps. As for athleticism sports has gone back all the way to my grandpa playing both basketball and football so I know that I have gotten some of the traits for being an athlete from heredity passed down through the generations.

Secondly, birth order influences me in many positive ways. My brother has always been a major part of my life because we shared a bedroom for about 15 years and he has been a great positive influence for me. Whatever his favorite teams were growing up I grew to like them just because he liked them and now I still continue to like all those teams. And I have always been more outgoing and social than my brother as most everybody can tell, but my sister is a different story because she is extremely outgoing and is also smart. I also like to believe that I am a risk taker because I like trying new things and to test the boundaries sometimes. I have learned a lot of my life skills just by watching my older brother and sister live their lives.

Thirdly, Parental characteristics have affected me because I was born when both my mother and father were in there mid-thirties and they had good discipline but they also had a good amount of freedoms too. They have pushed me to be religious in the Lutheran church body and have brought me to church for my entire life and enrolled me in Sunday school and confirmation. Both of my parents are in jobs that help people to better themselves and to grow people in different ways of knowledge, and both my brother and sister are going to school to try to help people. My parents have always pushed me to do my best in everything that I do, and if something does not come easy to me I have to try a little hard and push myself to succeed. They also did not force me to do anything that I absolutely did not like. And I can say that I was kind of babied as a child because I could bother my siblings and then I would cry or complain when they got me back and they would get in trouble with my parents. So you could say that I got my way a lot when it came to fights with siblings.

Lastly, the cultural environment that I have grown up in has been extremely friendly and accepting. Being citizen of Langford is like being in one giant family, because everyone knows who you are and you know who everyone else is. With an environment like this when you make a mistake or a bad decision everyone will know but on the other hand, if you do something good in or for the community you will get recognized by everyone in the community. So with all of that being said there is a lot of pressure to be good most of the time.

All of these are major factors to how a person grows up and what kind of person they will grow to be. All of these instances have different effects on everyone’s personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment