Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Piggy's Letter to Aunt Sally

Dear Aunt Sally,
  
I have been trapped on a desert island with other kids my age and we have no means of escape. There have been appointed leaders and ranks. I have met many different characters of people, but none of them will listen to my ideas or plans.
    
The first boy I came into contact with goes by the name of Ralph. He is a fine, fair blonde-haired fellow. Our group appointed him leader and he used a few of my ideas to help set up the groups and organize the children accordingly. Ralph and I were the first to meet and eventually found the conch together. After blowing into the conch a couple times and hearing its loud booming tone, Ralph and I noticed that one by one other children approached the beach we had taken refuge on. When every living person was at the beach, they made the rule that whoever had the conch in his hands, had the right to speak.
    
After a while the Choir and there leader, Jack, found the beach that we had set up camp on. Jack was very confident and had a cocky edge to him and was a natural leader. But the group favored Ralph as the leader and Ralph appointed Jack and the choir as the hunter gathers. Or the Altos and Tenors. Like the game we played in class, they had to have the one thing (a part of the choir) and then another specific rule to split them into the two classes.
   
The Beast is the killer instinct inside all of us. And you either have to control it and learn how to harness it or it will destroy you and everything around you. Without rules or any type of control the beast will take over and anarchy will result. There has to be rules and punishment for breaking them, or the Beast will take over and destroy everything in its path. My dear aunt I hope it does not come to that point because when teamwork ceases, no one will make it and so many lives will be cut short. Simon has the understanding or the Beast and the fear or not surviving and he can grasp it and control it but I'm not sure about the rest of them.

I do not want to be on this island any longer, a life has already been lost in a terrible fire accident and who knows, maybe mine could be next.
      
                                                                            Love,
                                                                            Piggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment